3. What personal information do we collect and why?
Information you provide
We collect personal information that you provide to us such as:
- Name and contact data: we collect your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, postal address, billing address, image or likeness (such as photographs and videos) and other similar information.
- Credentials: we collect passwords, password hints and other similar security information for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information we automatically collect
We may also collect some information automatically such as your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. Further information may be accessed under the “cookies” banner. Cookies are usually small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device for the duration of your visit or for when you re-visit our Website at a later time. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Website.
4. How do we use your information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), the fulfilment of our contract with you (“Contractual”), compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”), and/or your consent (“Consent”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below. We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process with your Consent. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
- To fulfil, manage and administer your orders for Contractual reasons. We may use your information to process your entries and payments made through the Website for the relevant competition. This may include receiving updates for the draw(s) which you have entered, being notified in the event you are a winner and to arrange delivery of the prize.
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes. For example, we may notify you of any new Website feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To comply with Legal Reasons such as requesting proof of age and/or identity to ensure you are eligible to enter the competition and to protect against fraudulent claims.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about competitions or other related services. Your marketing preferences can be set on your account and you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
- In the event you win a prize, to post a testimonial which will include your likeness, whether by sharing a photograph or video, on our Website and/or social media accounts (including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram) with your Consent.
- For other Business Purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Website, services, marketing and your experience.
5. Will my information be shared with anyone?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws or to fulfil business obligations. Other service providers which we rely on for providing services to you are:
- Trust Payments – for payment processing (https://www.trustpayments.com/privacy-policy)
- GoDaddy – for hosting services (https://uk.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/privacy-policy)
- Facebook – for advertising testimonials (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy)
- Instagram – for advertising testimonials (https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875)
We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
6. How do we keep your information safe?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment within the UK.
7. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. Your data protection rights
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using our email address provided under the “How to contact us” heading below or by logging in to your account and amending the settings.
- In addition you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information (where technically feasible). Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using our email address provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to the UK data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please refer to the relevant guidance via https://ico.org.uk/.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights within thirty (30) days. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible.
10. How to contact us
The data controller of your personal information is Motion Competitions Limited. If you have any questions, concerns about our use of your personal information or wish to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.